Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Bitter Sweet.

So this past week I have done a lot of contemplating about starting my new "adventure" to college. Thinking about all the fun and exciting opportunities and things to do there has gotten me way excited and super happy to go up to the good ole' potato state.  I am ready to experience the hype about this so called "college life". The freedom and independence I'll have, along with the responsibility and the feeling of being a grown adult, it's all so exhilarating to me. However, as I have started packing these past 2 days, it has really become a bitter sweet thing to me. Besides some minor details, I love where I live. It's beautiful, the weather is great, we have awesome neighbors and a great ward. I am blessed to have a nice house to live in and family and friends who care about me. I know my surroundings and I know where I stand and fit in. These are the things that make this experience a little bitter rather than sweet. I am definitely having mixed emotions right now, but there's no turning back! I'm anxious to see how I'll be as I get up there tomorrow and what my reaction will be as I take everything in at once. Will I cry myself to sleep at night, toss and turn, or will I be just fine? I guess time will tell and will reveal everything. I am so grateful for all the love and support and kind words I have gotten from everyone, they truly mean a lot to me. And even though I may miss some of you more than others, I am still going to miss you all. I'll  be sure to document all my experiences throughout this first week and I will be back home in no time :) Love you all!
                     Always,
                               Dee

No comments:

Post a Comment