Sunday, October 23, 2011

Revelation

Over the past few weeks while I have been here at school, I have had a particular thought constantly running through my mind. Last night, I was able to attend the Saturday evening session of our Stake Conference along with the session this morning. I had an incredible experience throughout each session and just thought I would share my journal entry on my little insights and revelation I was able to receive.

"As I was sitting Saturday evening at the start of Stake Conference, I was very excited and eager to hear what the message would be. I knew it was bound to be good, I could feel it in my heart. Everything I've heard here at school has been great so far. Over the past few weeks, I have had the same thoughts pressed in my mind and feelings, "I want to transfer. I want to go to BYU. I feel the need to and I feel that there is something there that is not here." As I have thought these things, I have always wondered whether or not it was me and my desires/wants or the Spirit speaking to me. I have decided to pray about it a few times and see what the Lord says and has in store for me. The session started and President Hammond (1st counselor) stated the theme for our conference. It's a quote by Julie B. Beck from the September 2011 Ensign visiting teaching message in regards to personal revelation. She states, "The ability to qualify for, receive, and act on personal revelation is the single most important skill that can be acquired in this life." Perfect! This is exactly what I've been waiting and searching for. So many amazing things were said . I have pages and pages of notes of inspired words by inspired speakers. As I was listening to all the words. It came to me. I know why I am here. I know what my purpose of coming here was for. I came to school at a very critical and difficult time and point in my life. I am still learning, growing and experiencing this but it is becoming more and more clear to me. A certain part of my life happened, but now it is time to put it to rest. An incredible bishop was put into my path. He helped me to see my potential and what I could become. The words he spoke were uplifting and encouraging. I can get through this hard time. I can grow close to my Heavenly Father and I can receive answers and his Spirit. The things I had to do and that were asked of me to do were uncomfortable, but I did them. And now those things have forever blessed my life even though they have been hard and even frustrating. I know I was supposed to go to BYU-I to find myself. To grow and become spiritually strong and gain a better relationship with myself, my Heavenly Father and my family, especially my parents. I have never felt so much love for them in my life and have never been so grateful. I recognize all that they have done and continue to do for me and I feel closer to them more than ever. I also feel like I am truly a strong woman and that the Gospel and Atonement is real now more than ever. I love this feeling. Going through this process is so hard and challenging, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. This is the place I am suppose to be and come to to experience these things. Along with this revelation, I now know that my time here will be over at the end of the semester. Now that I feel close to my family, I want to be there and cultivate our relationship even more. I also know and feel that there are people or things there for me wherever I end up going. Whether it is for me to bless their life or for them to bless mine. This is where I will thrive and find myself the happiest. I feel these things with my heart and know the Lord and Holy Ghost have been speaking to me. It's been pressed upon my thoughts and feelings for a reason. I truly believe and know these things."

No comments:

Post a Comment